Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How Dare You!

...I mean really! How could you? Zoom is such a great comic book hero, why on Earth would you attack him and his team of daring heroes? It simply doesn't make sense to me.

A while back I did some mock covers for a Tim Allen movie called... ZOOM! They needed that "almost Kirby" Marvel feel the late Seventies and early Eighties had. Many artists were attempting to be Kirby. So instead of swiping Kirby I decided to do sort of that crappy Pseudo-Kirby thing that seemed to personify a lot of that period. It's like people would manage to capture one aspect of Jack Kirby and nothing else. Throw that wiggle line in there and that should be good enough. Right...? Not really, eh? I thought so. Well, that was the whole point to this cover.

7 comments:

Ken Chandler said...

So this is a gag cover for a movie? Will we get to see it in the film? Glad to know that we agree... only Kirby truly does Kirby.
I've been looking over your work, and am amazed at your skill. You've got it all wrapped up my friend. Incredible line, character design, and backgrounds too. Nicely done!

Jesse said...

Oh man, Zoom is gonna get it!

Beat down of the century, anti-zoom style.

Unknown said...

COOOLIO!

Anonymous said...

Ken, no gratuitous stroking of the Panosian. It's ego is only matched by its arm size.

Urban Barbarian said...

Darn you Ruralbarbarian! Ever since your biceps eclipsed mine you've been on a Secret War to destroy me!

You'll get yours! I'll find some Creatine and you'll get yours!!!

K.B. said...

Love this !!!

Urban Barbarian said...

Ha! Thanks Kevin!