Friday, December 06, 2013

Urban Barbarian Fonts!!!

Yup.  I got Font'd!  By Richard Starkings and John Roshell of Comic Craft no less!  I've always been a fan of the art of lettering.  It's one of the things that I loved about Walt Simonson and Howard Chaykin's work.  They always worked closely with their letterer to give their comic books unique looks. 

So when I got the opportunity to illustrate the John Tiffany book I wanted to make sure the lettering reflected the mood of the story properly.  Comic Craft stepped in and developed a font based on my mad scribblings!  The first one, "Dan Panosian" I used a classic ink pen and for the "Urban Barbarian" I used a brush.  They took the samples and designed and awesome pair of fonts!  Check it out here on their website! and specifically at this link to purchase it!

No comments: